The DCR Coffee Podcast, No. 12: The Season 1 Highlight Reel
Co-Hosts David J Morris and Dave Rand take a look back on their favorite moments from Season 1. Over the last 11 episodes, guests have shared stories of the vision, values, and hard work that paved the path to successful business ownership with our audience. In this episode, our hosts discuss what these insights mean to them personally and how Dillanos Coffee Roasters applies similar practices in its daily operations.
Season 1 covered everything from company culture and community engagement to brand evolution and whether or not franchising is right for your business. Highlights include:
- “The Total Customer Experience” by Darren Spicer of Clutch Coffee
- “How to Cater to a Unique Market” by Shane Murphy of Java Espress
- “Bold Branding” with Emily Holzer of Hot Shotz
- “Bringing Community Together” with Andrew Stanisich of Two Guns Espresso
- “How to be the Solution to Your Culture Problem” with Bryan Reynolds of Anthem Coffee
- “Expansion Strategies” with Joe Lloyd of Durango Joe’s
- “To Franchise or Not To Franchise… That is the Question” with Marty Cox of It’s a Grind
- “Resourcefulness as a Guiding Principle” with Alan Butts of Coffee Crossings
- “Large Scale Team Management Techniques” with Robin Jean Lyon of Copper Mountain Coffee
- “Constant, Never-Ending Improvement” with Chris Heyer of Dillanos Coffee Roasters
All episodes are archived on The DCR Blog and available on Apple Podcasts & Stitcher. If you’ve enjoyed Season 1 of The DCR Coffee Podcast, take a second to leave a review! We’re already in production on our second season and can’t wait for you to hear more stories from behind the scenes at Dillanos Coffee Roasters—the roaster for the most successful specialty coffee retailers in America!