The Clever Dripper is special in that in combines a full immersion brew method with a pour over. Translation: full flavor extraction meets controlled brew method.
When ordering your coffee on Dillanos.com, be sure to select the “coarse drip” option for a Clever Dripper brew method.
Pro tip: it can also be used for brewing tea!
- 4 tbsp (25g) freshly ground coffee to a coarse drip setting
- 400g water
- Small wooden spoon or Bamboo Stir Stick
- Cup or Carafe
- Gooseneck Kettle
- Heat water to 195-205°F (or bring water to boil, and allow it to cool for about a 1:30 minutes) in a gooseneck kettle.
- Grind coffee to medium-coarse grind size and measure 4 tablespoons (25 grams). (TIP! Select the “coarse drip” setting when ordering your coffee on Dillanos.com and we will grind it for you.)
- Place the filter inside the Clever, and saturate with water while allowing the water to pass immediately through the device. This prevents the filter from absorbing the coffee, and also prevents the paper filter flavor from infiltrating the coffee.
- Add coffee to filter and place the Clever on the scale.
- Tare scale and start timer.
- Add 50g of hot water, making sure to wet all of the coffee. This first step is referred to as the bloom, where the grounds are saturated with hot water and allowed to steep undisturbed.
- After 35-45 seconds add the remaining 350g of hot water.
- Stir a few times in order to ensure that there are no clumps of coffee.
- After 2 minutes, set the Clever on a mug or carafe. The coffee will begin to draw down.
- The total brew time for this method is approximately 3:30 to 4 minutes.